Have you ever wondered how you can make money online? You would be surprised to know that there are actually a lot of legitimate ways you can earn money online. One of the simplest ways to get started is to become a freelancer.
There are a number of freelance sites that help connect freelancers with people looking to outsource work. While the jobs and skill levels vary across sites, there is plenty of potential for anyone looking to earn a few extra bucks each month, or even transition to working full-time as a freelancer.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when using freelance sites to make money:
1) Create a compelling profile. The first thing you should do is complete your profile and add a picture of yourself. An image helps build trust and if you include a picture with a well though out profile you stand a better chance of attracting clients — even without a lot of feedback.
2) Promote your services. A good freelance site will bring plenty of traffic and can potentially put you in front of plenty of prospects looking for the services you offer. You still need to do a bit of promotion of your own. Make sure you are promoting the services you offer and driving traffic to your profile. This can give you can edge above other freelancers and make you stand out to clients.
3) When you bid on projects, personalize your message. While it may save you time copying and pasting the same tired message prospect after prospect, it’s less likely that you will be awarded the project or chosen for work. Instead, craft a nice little paragraph that explains what you can offer and be sure to personalize it to the client and project.
4) Know your price. It is important to keep an eye on what you are charging for projects. When you first get started you may have to offer a few deals in order to get feedback, but you never want to fall into the habit of taking low paying projects just to get some work. This can negatively affect you over the long term because your profits become razor thin.
5) Hone you communication skills. Always be clear and concise with your communications with clients. Make sure you set expectations from the beginning and are timely with communicating with the client for the life of the project.
What tips do you have?